- Oscars Well was a very impressive winner of the Grade 1 Navan Novice Hurdle over 2m4f in Navan at the weekend. The 5yo who is trained by Jessica Harrington, settled nicely and was produced by Robbie Power two furlongs out and easily took it up to coast in for an easy victory.
- He beat Sweet Shock by 8L, with Fully Funded a further 11L back in third. It is made all the more impressive after his jockey said that he hated the tacky ground!
- The Oscar gelding is bred by Eugene O'Leary and is out of a Placid Willow mare. This win makes it 10 Grade 1 winners for his sire Oscar but he is the first horse with any black type under his first three dams.
- He was sold as a yearling at Tattersalls for €5,000 to Gerard Lowry. Then he he was sold to Tom Keating for €13,500 and then moved to J. Linehan as a 3yo for €8,000. Now he is owned by the Molley Malone Syndicate and they look to have an exciting prospect on their hands.
- He is entered in the Grade 2 novice hurdle at Leopardstown at the end of January where he'll have to carry a Grade 1 penatly. That could be tough but if he were to win that, then he would look to have a leading chance in his longterm target of the Neptune Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham in March.
Our Clients Say:
- “Our horse would never be sold without ParadeRing.ie” Jimmy & Mary Mangan - Trainer
- “ParadeRing.ie put my filly on their site & she was sold within a week, simple as that, with no outlay until the sale was complete.” Tony Mullins – Trainer
- “Bought a very nice mare through the website & sold one of mine as well. It’s a really welcome addition to the horse industry & is changing the industry for the better.” Liam Casey – Breeder & Owner
- “This is the new way of trading horses. I put up my horse for sale and she was sold in 2 days! This is definitely the way things are going and it’s definitely the way forward to sell horses.” Tom Mullins – Trainer