How to bet in a Horserace ?
Having a bet is part of the enjoyment of the day and it adds to the excitement of watching the races. The beauty of betting is that you don't have to invest much money to have a great day out.
Here is a little help from The Guide to Betting.
There are two betting options at the racecourse:
The Tote is a pool betting system where all profits go back into Horse Racing.
The money put in to this pool is divided by the number of winning units to get a dividend, less a % which goes directly back into Irish Racing. There are screens located at the Tote windows which will give a guide as to what the dividend will be on a specific bet before the 'off' of each race. The minimum stake to bet with the Tote is only €1!
This type of betting is also very straightforward. Having decided which horse you fancy, you can go into the betting ring and scrutinise the various bookmakers' boards. There will be differences in their prices so look for the one who's giving the best price for your horse. When you find the best odds you can declare your stake, the horses name and the price on the board. You will then be issued with a ticket which you must present to collect the winnings. Your stake is also returned with your winnings.
HOW TO BET ON THE TOTE
You can go to a manned Tote window each time or purchase a cash voucher from a Tote Service Outlet and use the Touch-Tote machines. Leaflets are available at the counters which describe the many types of Tote bets but the best ones to start off with are. Go to The Guide to betting to see how to bet on the Tote.
HOW TO BET ON THE BOOKMAKERS
Win - Pick a horse to finish 1st.
Each way - Win and Place bet. The place price is 1/4 or 1/5 of the win price.
Without the favourite - With this bet you get reduced odds but two chances to win.
1. If your horse wins the race. 2. If your horse finishes 2nd to the favourite.
Whichever way you choose to have a bet have fun doing it!
Our Clients Say:
- “This is the new way of trading horses. I put up my horse for sale and she was sold in 2 days! This is definitely the way things are going and it’s definitely the way forward to sell horses.” - Tom Mullins, Kilkenny
- “Good website, very easy to use and got a good few enquiries straightaway. Can't ask for much more!” - David Stack, Coolagown Stud
- “We had the horse on ParadeRing.ie for less than week before he was sold. I got a call from France & he bought on the strength of the pedigree. The same owner has bought 3 more since. A great contact & I look forward to using ParadeRing.ie again.” - Tom O'Sullivan, Carlow
- "Excellent way for those without time to carry animals to sales. Cuts out alot of these costs associated with sales as well." - M. Corbett, Ballykenly Stud